Spain

Search my Blog!

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Where am I again? Bellingham or Sevilla?!

If I had to guess on where I was by the weather last night - I would have said Bellingham. All day yesterday was a crazy wind/rain storm. The rain was pretty light all day until later on around midnight.

I went watched a few futbol games yesterday; Madrid vs. Alicante and then Sevilla vs Barcelona. Madrid won and so did Barcelona. Watched the first half of the Barcelona, Sevilla game in a bar near my place with Jennifer and Cherelle. Barcelona was already up 3 - 0 so we left and went to watch the rest at their place. After the games I planned on going downtown to meet some new people with my friend Jennifer. The rain was starting to pick up a bit but we had NO idea it was going to turn out so bad! We made it about 10 minutes from our place when suddenly the wind picked up and the rain was coming down so hard.

My pants were completely drenched

Jen weathering the storm

We were trying to find shelter with no luck. The wind was blowing so hard that the umbrella wasn't really helping. We decided that it wasn't a good idea to head out so we crossed the road to grab a taxi. Unfortunately the winds picked up again and destroyed Jen's umbrella.

Umbrella Fail

Aftermath

Drenched but happy - thank God for NorthFace



Video of what the weather was like

After that I decided to call it a night. I was wet and cold. I went home made some hot tea and for the first time actually slept in PJ's. Bellingham has made me used to the rain but this was up there for being one of the craziest rainstorms I have been in the middle of. All and all fun times though. 

1 comment:

  1. Stay dry, hope there isn't any weather like this when we are there. love you

    ReplyDelete