Spain

Search my Blog!

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Gloomy Day

It was probably a good thing that the hike got called off today. It has been raining off and on all day. This is definitely the worst weather we have had here but nothing I am not used to thanks to the good ol' Pacific Northwest!

I have been feeling a little under the weather the last few days too. The changing temperatures along with being around a bunch of sniffling kids has taken a tole on my immune system. I am starting to get a sore throat but I have been doing everything I can to combat it. The nice thing about my job is that I get free healthcare and can go to a doctor whenever I want. I don't think I need to yet, but if it doesn't get better by the end of the weekend I will probably make an appointment. My roommate Nacho is a nurse at a hospital in town. He gave me some cold medicine that he had and it seems to be helping a bit. I also have been consuming a lot of tea and drinking lots of water. Yesterday was the worst I felt and I am starting to feel a little better today.

I went out with a few friends last night. We were over by the river and I got to take a few pictures of the Torre del Oro and the banks of the river. I had planned on meeting up with one of my coworkers to go to a botellon, but I wasn't feeling to great so I decided to walk back home.

Torre del Oro and San Telmo Bridge

Torre del Oro and La Giralda

Torre del Oro w/ Isabel II Triana bridge in the distance on the Guadalquivir River
I cleaned my place up today and plan on laying low. I actually just talked to a friend who also has a bit of a sore throat and she went and got medicine and offered me some because she said she isn't going to use it all! I am going to head over to her place and then go get some groceries.

Tomorrow, if the weather permits, I plan on taking a day trip to a small town about 40 minutes from Sevilla named Carmona. It is a small town that was the strongest city of Further Spain in the time of Julius Caesar (100–44 BC) I heard it is a really pretty place so as long as it is nice I plan on going. 

1 comment:

  1. hope the weather holds out for you today so you can go into Carmona. Like the pictures.

    ReplyDelete