Spain

Search my Blog!

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Halloween party tomorrow at work

Santa Justa Train Staion
 Today at work a group of parents of students were decorating the school with halloween. They joked with me saying it was "my fault" for the decorations. They were really excited to help the kids celebrate halloween they way a typical US elementary school would, at least the way i remembered it. They hung streamers of pumpkins, bats, skulls, and spiders around the school. The walls are covered with spider webs and they even made a witch hanging in the entry way flying on a broom. I was really impressed with how well they did with the decorations. It seems like most of the teachers are going to have some type of halloween themed outfit tomorrow.
Steamers throughout the hallways

Work went by really quick today and the best part was I finally got paid! Which is great because I can really use the money. I didn't get a chance to cash it today, but tomorrow after work I am going to head to the bank with Jose the English director at the school.

Jose's Office

Picture of the King and Queen in a lot of the rooms throughout the school
First Check
 After work I hung around in Dos Hermanas until my coworker was done with classes. I went to her house today again to help her son with English. She cooked another great meal for me before I started working with her son; potatoes with pork ribs in a really good broth. Today her son, Fran, interviewed me for a class project. He asked me questions about the US and my experience so far in Spain. It went quick and was a lot of fun. I went and finally bought a bus card with the money I got paid. This will make riding the bus half the price, which will be nice. I still haven't got my Sevici card in the mail, I really hope that comes soon.

Small Plaza Near Bus Station in Dos Hermanas

Dos Hermanas Train Station

Plaque of Senora de Valme - Protector of Dos Hermanas
 So tomorrow should be a lot of fun at work. I am getting there a little early to dress up and get ready. It would probably be a bad idea to be in full vampire costume at 8:30 am on the train.
They Did a Great Job With the Decorations

Witch flying through the school

Heading home
 They did such a good job with the decorations, tomorrow should be great. Heading to bed to get some rest.

1 comment:

  1. I look every day or every other day at your blog. I find it pretty fascinating, keep it coming, doing good. Loved the teletubby costume! You've got guts.

    ReplyDelete