Spain

Search my Blog!

Monday, June 13, 2011

Last week in Seville, Now on to the Camino

Tapas in Seville

Today, the 13th of June, is my last full day in Seville. It has been a great end to the year. I haven't worked for a week and a half and I have just been hanging out in Seville and going to the beach a few times. A group of us headed to the coast this weekend to celebrate a birthday and camp near the beach.


Setting up camp
heading to the beach

Birthday dinner
Fort building in the sand
Frisbee on the beach


Zahara de los Atunes (beach name)
I leave tomorrow morning, the 14th, by train from Seville to Pamplona, Spain in the north near the french border. Once I arrive there I will take another bus/train to a town on the french border to start the Camino de Santiago. I will be biking west across spain over 2 and a half weeks to the town of Santiago de la Compostela. I am doing the trip solo, but there will be many people doing the trail along the way. Most people hike the trail, but I purchased a nice mountain bike this year and I am all set to do it by bike. The three official ways to do the camino is by foot, by bike, or by horseback. I am looking forward to the trip and it is going to be a great way to end the year I have had here in Spain.


This will be the last post until I get back to the USA from the bike trip. I plan on putting my photos and travels from the camino up when I get back as a nice way to end the blog.

1 comment: