Spain

Search my Blog!

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Halloween and Hiking

This week all the kids are getting ready to celebrate Halloween. Normally this isn't a tradition of Spain, but over the past decade they have slowly but surely started to be like the Americans, and by that I mean getting dressed up in slutty outfits and drinking in the streets. Luckily I get to celebrate it with a bunch of little kids who don't really know what's going on other than they get to dress up as "Spiderman" or a princess and get free candy.

The teachers and some of the parents started putting up decorations around the school. I also have been teaching the kids some Halloween oriented vocabulary; Pumpkin, ghost, vampire, skeleton, witch.. etc. This is probably the most interested they have been to actually learn English. My English teacher and the schools principal were asking about what we should do to celebrate. Most of the teachers are planning to dress up and have candy for all the kids. It should be a lot of fun. It was pretty funny because the principal wanted to stress that I had to find a costume that wasn't going to frighten the children. Being that they are so young, it probably wouldn't be the best idea to show up in all black with a scream mask and a bloody knife or something like this:


I decided to go with a less scary and more traditional costume; A vampire. I found a place with some cheap costumes and this was the least scary one I could find. 

If I would have thought about it I would have brought my Tele-tubby costume I bought a few years back. They would have loved it! 


Needless to say friday should be a lot of fun. 

My friend Matt invited me to go hiking with his roommate and a few other people on Saturday. I am not sure where we are going exactly, but it's just a day hike, so it should be a lot of fun. I am glad I brought my hiking boots and hopefully I will be able to get out more often. I just need to know where to go. It should be a fun and eventful rest of the week and weekend. I imagine there will be some Halloween festivities going on somewhere in town on Saturday and Sunday night. 

1 comment:

  1. Forgot how cute the tele-tubby costume was but that vampire one looks like a good one too. Make sure to take lots of pictures. Love mom

    ReplyDelete