Spain

Search my Blog!

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Starting to get into a daily routine

Getting to and from work is a lot easier now that I know the train schedule. I now am able to sleep for the longest possible time without being late! I take the 8:51 train to Dos Hermanas which puts me there about 9:05 and gives me plenty of time to walk to the school and relax before I have to start my day.

I finally have a schedule of which classes I teach on a daily basis. I teach 5 classes a day for 30 minutes each; Four of them are in a row from 9:30 - 11:30 then I get a 30 minute break while the kids are outside playing and then one more class session and I get to go home. So from including travel my day starts at 8:45 am and goes till 1:00 pm. Not too bad at all. I like only working with each class for 30 minutes too. It goes by quick and it is hard enough to get 20 3 year olds to pay attention for that long.

Tomorrow I am going to head back to Sevilla with one of my teachers. She asked me to help her son with his English. I was a bit nervous at first but she explained that she really just wants me to talk with him for an hour so he can hear the American accent and work on his verbal skills. She said she would pay me too, which is an added plus. I am not sure how much it will be, but I'll be happy with whatever it is.

I went on a run today from my place to the river and back. I think I might get in that habit because I miss riding my bike. I have the Sevici service that I talked about before, but that is more for commuting and not exercise. Afterwords I walked around the town for a while and took some photos.

Really cool graffiti of a flamenco guitar player on the side of the tram

Guy playing some blues music on the corner, he was pretty talented

Another cool thing they have here on the river is paddle boats and kayaks to rent. I was near the river and took a few shots of a group of people on the water. Sometime soon I will go and rent one for an hour or so.

Another perfect day weather wise - sunny and around 75 degrees

The Guadalquivir River

Looks like a lot of fun

I also have been trying to plan some ideas for when my parents come and visit! They are flying into Barcelona on the 25th of November. I am going to meet them up there for a few days and then we are going to fly back to Sevilla. I am excited to get to show them where I live and what Spain is like. After Sevilla we will head up to Madrid for a day or so and then they fly out. I am looking forward to seeing them! It will be a lot of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment