Spain

Search my Blog!

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Parking

I have been walking around and noticed something that struck me as both strange and awesome at the same time. The parking situation:

It would be hard enough to drive on some of these roads here, but parking would be another story. Until recently I didn't notice what a communal system of parking they have. EVERYONE double parks. If your car is blocked by someone else's, you just push the car out of the way. They won't put on their e-brakes, and if you need to get out, you move the car. The best part is I have never seen anyone get a parking ticket! You can be half a foot out of your "respected spot" in the US and you will get a ticket.

It is really funny to see someone push a car 5 feet out of the way so they can get out of a spot. Luckily the average size of a car here is very small so it makes moving them easier.

All the cars to the right are double parking


If you want to leave, you work for it

Tonight I had an intercambio. Basically I meet up with a person and we speak half the time in english and the other half in spanish. It went alright, it was just a little tough to stay in conversation with someone you don't know at all. I have a few teachers that want to do the same. I think I will stick to people I know a little bit for awhile just because I feel its easier to talk and they are more willing to correct your mistakes.

I came back and made some food. I usually have a small breakfast, a BIG lunch and then a small dinner here. This was what I made for dinner earlier. nothing special but it does the job

Tomorrow is the last day of work before the weekend! I am going to my teachers house after work to practice english with her son. Hopefully this time I want get car sick on the way there...



1 comment:

  1. Your supper looks yummy. That's weird on the parking situation that would be hard to get used to.

    ReplyDelete