Spain

Search my Blog!

Monday, November 1, 2010

Halloween Celebration

The plan was to go take a day trip to Carmona. I woke up a little late and since it was Sunday the bus schedule was pretty limited so I decided to stay in Sevilla and walk around town for a bit. It was a great day; a little windy but the weather was much nicer than the day before. It was really fun, I am finally realizing how big Sevilla is. Walking through the center I was amazed how many people are constantly in Sevilla, tourists and natives - The streets are always filled with people. 

Busy day in the center

Tram and Cathedral

Downtown

Near cathedral

I spent some time outside the Cathedral in a plaza. There was a lot of tourist out taking horse drawn carriage rides and touring the cathedral.

La Giralda

Lots of traffic
 After spending the afternoon in the center of town I walked home and took a nice siesta. I knew I was going to be out all night celebrating halloween, so I wanted to get some rest. I watched some Sunday NFL football on my computer and made dinner. Then I headed to a potluck Halloween party on the other side of town across the river. I haven't been on that side of town much but it was a lot of fun. We went to the house of a few other language assistants. It was funny because I met a handful of them the first week when I was in town either at the hostel or the orientation. It was nice to find some more people to hang out with. We hung out at the house for quite a while then went to a Plaza to drink a little bit before heading to the bars.

Plaza Halloween Party

Cool Shadow
 We left the plaza and headed to a bar for a while. It was about 3 am and I decided to head home. I was pretty far away from my place, took almost 45 minutes to walk home. The streets were still filled with people partying and heading home.
Fun times 
Good Costumes
I made it home around 4 am. This was one of the first nights I have stayed out as late as the "Spaniards" do. I forgot how late they stay out! Today we don't have work for the Holiday. I am going to take a stroll around town and do some laundry. Nice relaxed day ahead.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a lot of fun. I don't think you old mom and dad will be able to party into the night like that. Hope we won't be fuddy duddy's. haha

    ReplyDelete