Spain

Search my Blog!

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

I FINALLY found a place to live!! :)

This morning I had orientation for my job; they gave us information on how to apply for my residence card and open up a bank account. After words I headed back to the hostel to look on some websites for a place to live.

I am living VERY close to the train station, which is great because I need to take it to get to work each day. It is less than a 5 min walk, which is a lot better than some of the other places I was looking because they all had at least a 30 min walk to get there.

I am living with 2 spanish guys. An older gentlemen who owns the place, his name is Nacho. haha. I was a little weary at first but I found out that the other guy is 26 years old. Nacho, the older guy, is a nurse at the hospital and Tal, the 26 year old, is here in Sevilla studying. The best part is the price! It is only going to cost 200 euro a month with everything included! (water, electricity, internet) This is a lot cheaper then every other place I have looked at and a hell of a lot closer to everything too. Most other places have been running around 250 - 300 euro + utilities, and they usually didn't have internet.

I am so relieved and happy to finally be able to UNPACK my stuff. The guys I am living with are excited to because they want to learn some English. I am excited because I really wanted to live with native Spanish teachers so I could practice and speak as little English as possible.

The younger guy likes to play sports and go on hikes, which is nice because I brought my hiking gear and what not.

He also said it is ok for friends and family to come visit. This is a bonus because I wasn't sure if he would be alright with me having friends and family over. All in all I am very pleased with the place. It is a tiny room, but it has everything I need. (twin bed, desk, shelf, night stand, Dresser with drawers and hangers to hold me clothes.

I already paid the rent (first and last month) and all my stuff is unpacked and put away. Now that I have a permanent address I can apply for my ID card and open a bank account. Those two things are next on my list and then I will be all set to live in Spain legally! woohoo


No comments:

Post a Comment