Spain

Search my Blog!

Friday, November 19, 2010

Game Day at School

the last of the clouds from the morning, burned off really quickly
 Earlier this week Jose asked if I would come into work this Friday. Normally I have Friday's off, but they had a "game day" planned. Teachers and parents were all helping out and he wanted me to have a "station" to play "Duck, Duck, Goose." Over the past couple of weeks we have been playing this game with the kids and they really enjoy it. I was paired with a couple of mothers of students and we played the game with a group of kids for 15 minutes or so and then it was on to the next station.


I got to work around 10:30 and helped Jose organize a few things. They made colored bracelets for all of the kids so each Teacher/Mother who was in charge knew which kids were in their group. 

Lining up in groups
 Jose and the other teachers worked really hard to make it come together. I am not sure of what other games were being played. I did see "Musical Chairs" at one station however.

Making sure all the kids are in the correct group

Explaining how to play to the kids



Helping some of the younger kids who didn't understand the game

stunner shades

Waiting to go to the next station 






Afterwords I hung out for a little bit on the playground and kicked the soccer ball around with a group of 5 year olds. It was finally really sunny and I hurried home to do my laundry. Laundry Time is very dependent on the the weather here. I planned on doing it on Monday but it rained all day. Without the sun I can't dry my clothes. This morning it looked like it was going to be an overcast day, but the sun burned all the clouds away around 11 am.

I have the next few days off. I am planning on trying to go hiking tomorrow. Hopefully this weekend it will work out. It is supposed to rain a little bit, so we shall see what happens.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like it was a great day for outside games, looks like all the kids were enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete