Spain

Search my Blog!

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Saturday in Sevilla

Saturday was a really nice day. The weather has been perfect lately. Really sunny but not too hot - just right. I went to the "Jardines de Murillo" which is a park on the side of the Alcazar. This summer when I was in Sioux City I took a novel from my grandma's house called "Iberia" which is one mans memoirs of his time spent in Spain. The book is old; written in 1968 but his experiences and descriptions of Spain are still pretty accurate of Spain today. I started reading it last week. So I went to the park and read for a while. The book is 1000 pages, so it'll be a while before I finish it, but its really good. 


Jardines de Murillo
Monument to Christopher Columbus
Monument in Park to Columbus
 After about an hour my friend showed up and we went and met up with a friend we met on Halloween. We went to her apartment and hung out for a while. We ended up getting something to drink and going to sit by the river. We relaxed on the bank for a while and just hung out. There was a lot of people fishing. I asked the girl if the fish were good and all she kept saying was "the river is dirty" and that they are just fishing for fun. I am curious on how clean the river actually is. I have heard a lot of people talk about how dirty it is, but I'm curious if it is safe to swim in. There was a man sitting alone fishing in his nice clothes. It was a lot of fun to just hang out and relax by the river for a bit.

River and Puente del Cachorro


Guy fishing

Passing the time

Tour boat with Puente San Telmo, Torre del Oro and Plaza de Espana in background
I came home and took a nice long siesta. I woke up around 10:45 at night and had a lot of energy. I ended up  heading to the center of town and hanging out with a few friends at a bar. I didn't get home till a little before 3 am. It is HARD to get used to this schedule. Definitely something that I can only manage to do on the weekend because there would be NO way I could get up in time for work during the week. 

Today (Sunday) is going to be a relaxed day. I am getting ready to make some food and get ready for the day. I will probably head to the center for a bit and read. Tonight I am going to a movie with a few people. There is a film festival in town and my friend Matt bought a pass so we are all able to go. It should be a lot of fun. Also, its Sunday, and I will probably relax and watch some football games on my computer for a while :-)

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a nice day you had. Love the pictures. Can't wait to see it all in a few weeks.

    ReplyDelete