Spain

Search my Blog!

Friday, November 5, 2010

Yesterday I headed to Parque Maria Luisa again. I miss being outdoors and by outdoors I mean being surrounded by trees. This park is about as good as it will get in Sevilla. There is another larger park on the other side of the river, but I haven't had the time to go check it out yet. Although not that large, I have really started to enjoy the park. The longer you spend in it the more you start to notice all the little monuments and side gardens it contains. There's large parts of grass to sit down and relax in but it's wise to bring a blanket or something to sit on because the grass is usually damp from being watered. The park has no cement pathways and mainly consists of hardened dirt paths with rock for base. Most parks in Sevilla have pathways like ones in Parque de Maria Luisa. 

View from down my street

sweet doggy



Plaza de Espana from the "Jardines de 'El Prado de San Sebastian"

Heading towards the Plaza de Espana

Buggy Bike things you can rent in the park 

Parque de Maria Luisa







While walking through the park I noticed a corner with a larger monument and I went and checked it out. I sat down for a minute and I noticed a book in a small cubby near where I was sitting. I pulled it out and at the top printed on the book said "this book is not yours, however it is for you to read"  The back had a small description of what it meant. Basically the book is for you to read and use and when you are done with it, you are to place it somewhere else in the park for some other person to stumble upon it and decide what to do with it. I brought it back to my place with me and plan on reading it soon. It was a really cool idea, hopefully the story is alright. 

Where I found the book

front cover

Today after work I went over to my coworkers house and helped her son with English. She made 'salmorejo', which is Similar to gazpacho but thicker and smoother. It was a cold soup with ham on top. It was really good. I helped her son review for an English test and I also helped the younger daughter with some stuff too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment