Spain

Search my Blog!

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Busy first part of the week!

What an eventful weekend/week! I haven't had much time to post anything up because my days have been busy busy busy! I was so happy to have some visitors! Cayce and Nikki were a lot of fun and we had a good time. Nikki wanted to get a haircut and I need one too; Luckily, there is a beauty school at the end of my building. My friend went there the other day and got a haircut for really cheap. Girls pay 7 euro and mine was only 4. I was a bit apprehensive about cutting my hair because I have heard a couple horror stories about people trying to get their haircut in Spain. Especially because it was at a school and they were just learning. But about an hour later he was done, haha. Only after a lady came over and inspected the back of my head and told him to take more off because he left to much in the back .

After that we walked to the Plaza de Espana. I had my final appointment for my temporary residence card. I took them to the plaza and they looked around and snapped some photos while I was inside. I got finger printed and after about 45 minutes I was done. Below are some photos that Nikki took with her camera. I have already posted a few of these places, but she had a really nice camera and I liked a few of her shots. 

Looking down on the streets from the Giralda 
Plaza de Espana from the Giralda

Courtyard of the Oranges - Cathedral

Nikki and Cayce at the Cathedral

This is Spain on a saturday afternoon. Everyone drinking and hanging out in plazas.

In front to the Plaza de Espana

Plaza de Espana

Such a good shot

Tuesday was there last day in town. I planned on taking them to the Alcazar, but it was pretty expensive to get in without a student ID card. They were heading to Granada next and the Alhambra is a lot prettier, so it wasn't that big of a deal. We walked through the town and I took them to the "murallas" that is an original wall the surroned the city of Sevilla. We also went back to Parque Maria Luisa and walked around for a bit

Cayce and I walking through town. 

Nikki and Cayce - Parque Maria Luisa
Alameda de Hercules

Alameda de Hercules


Parque Maria Luisa

Plaza de Espana from the Park 
Baseball pose in the park! ha

Tons of birds near Plaza de America
That night they made dinner at the hostel and invited me over. We at some really good pasta and then started talking with some of the other people staying at the hostel. The girls wanted to go to the Flamenco bar again and that's where we went. I am glad too. There was a different singer who was so much better. You could tell he really loved music and enjoyed doing it. After the main show we walked out to a side room and sat down at a table. I knew they were going to start playing right behind the table at 12:30. So we waited and sure enough we got a pretty private show for about a half hour. We walked around for a little bit after and they made it back safely to their hostel. I said goodbye for they were leaving for Ronda in the morning.

It was really fun having visitors. Anyone who is reading this and wants to come out should! I love showing people around the city; even more so since I am becoming more familiar with it. My parents are next, and I can't wait! It will be a lot of fun showing them around.

1 comment:

  1. Great pictures, can't wait to see it for myself. See you in 6 days.

    ReplyDelete