Spain

Search my Blog!

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Trip to the Cathedral/Christmas day

On Christmas Eve Ingy and I took a trip to the cathedral. We still haven't been because everyday we had a chance to go it was closed for some obscure reason. Before we headed to the Cathedral I went to Plaza de Espana to pick up my Spanish ID card. Since I am a temporary resident I get into most public museums, like the cathedral, for free. We spent a little while inside walking around, then we went home to buy groceries for christmas dinner. Luckily we left when we did because all the stores closed at 8 pm. We made it to El Corte Ingles with 30 minutes to shop. 

Ingy in front of the tomb of Christopher Columbus
From the Girlada
Massive bells atop the tower

dome inside cathedral

haha


From the Treasures room


repenting 
Choir Chamber




After we got back home Ingy cut my hair and we wrapped up the christmas presents. Then Ingy and I made a cheesecake for Christmas day. Christmas was a lazy day. We slept in and hung out around the place all day. We watched Inception and then started to make the food for our Christmas Dinner. We made Shepherd's Pie  and stuffed mushrooms. We exchanged a few presents and then hung out for the rest of the day. We got to webcam with my family for a little bit too. We were both pretty tired and called it an early night. We had a great Christmas but definitely missed our families. 
getting my hair did

Mashed potatoes for shepherd's pie

Dinner 
Present time


I got a soccer ball
Monday we are heading to Granada for 3 days. I am really excited and haven't been back since I studied abroad. We are taking the train early monday morning and leaving sometime wednesday evening. It will probably be a few days before an update, unless we have internet at the hostel.

No comments:

Post a Comment