Spain

Search my Blog!

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Long past week with no time to update the blog

I haven't had much time to update the blog because I have been on the go for about a week. I traveled from Sevilla to Barcelona - Barcelona to Sevilla - Sevilla to Madrid - Madrid to Segovia - and finally from Segovia back to Sevilla. Also during that week my parents and I took a day trip to a town called Ronda.

My parents left on Sunday the 5th. They really seemed to enjoy Spain. The only time we had problems was on our last day in Barcelona. We were getting onto the Metro and I was looking at the map when I heard my mom say, "Someone took my wallet!" It took me a second to realize what was going on. Luckily when my mother said that this lady turned and tried to head off the metro as the doors were closing. My mom managed to grab her and keep her on the subway. Pick pocketing is a huge problem in Barcelona, especially on the metro. I started yelling in this ladies face and pointing at her demanding the wallet back. She tried to play it off like she didn't have it. My dad yelled for the police and started grabbing her purse to see if it was inside. The train started to move and EVERYONE was staring at us. It ended up being two women working as a team. All of a sudden the wallet dropped on the ground out of one of the ladies shirts. Everything was still in the wallet and they started to head down the train to another area to exit. I followed them through until they got off the train. I couldn't exit with them because my parents were still on and I didn't want to lose them. It was a little shocking but we acted quickly and everything turned out great. 

After that we headed up to Tibadabo. It is at the top of the mountain overlooking the valley in which Barcelona lies. You can see the entire city till the ocean. We went into a church where you could go all the way to the top and it had some pretty crazy views.

Amusement Park with Church in Background, we were able to go all the way up to where Jesus was on top of the church 
View from top, it was cold and windy



Statues overlooking the city
City from uptop
How we got up, slow tram car being pulled up the mountain
After that we headed to a few more works that Gaudi did, La Pedrera and Casa Batllo. Our last day in Barcelona was a lot of fun, even after the little incident that started the day

La Pedrera

No comments:

Post a Comment