Spain

Search my Blog!

Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Party

Wednesday was our christmas party at work. Jose told me the night before that I didn't have to come in early because we wouldn't be having classes. Ingy and I got up early and went to the mall because I had to buy a present for our "Secret Santa" at work. They call it "amigo invisible" in Spain. The weather on the way to the mall was so horrible. It has been raining non-stop here the past week. The rivers are all high and everything is just saturated with water. We made it about a block before we decided to get a taxi. My feet and pants were completely soaked and we had an umbrella! We got to the school around noon and hung out until our secret santa at 2. We all hung out in the teacher's lounge and exchanged gifts. I got a really cool leather bracelet with the colors of the spanish flag stitched into the center. They didn't want Ingy to feel left out and they also got her a gift; a big box of chocolates. 

Ingy in the teacher lounge 
Exchanging Gifts and eating some food


After we went out for dinner with everyone. We ate at a nice restaurant in Dos Hermanas. I couldn't believe how much food and drinks we got. There was 5 appetizer dishes, main course, and dessert. We also got all the beer and wine we could drink. At the end the gave us a dessert alcohol drink and then a hard drink of whatever we wanted. We were at the restaurant for a few hours and after headed to a bar for a few more drinks.
A few of the appetizers

Carlos and Isabel

Ingy and I

Jose making everyone laugh

Pork loin and potatoes

Ingy and I at the bar

Coworkers
We left around midnight and my coworker Isabel gave us a ride home. Ingy and I had a great time. I couldn't have asked for a better group of people to work with. Everyone is so nice and caring and they make sure that Ingy and I are having a good time and feel at home. I don't work until the 10th of January. Ingy and I are staying in Sevilla for Christmas and traveling to a few cities before she leaves on the 9th. I will make sure to update where we are all going when I find out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment