Spain

Search my Blog!

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Saying Goodbye to Seville and Friends

This past week has been a busy one full of goodbyes and parties. Our jobs as language assistants in Spain finished this week on the last day of May. I made a lot of good friends over this past year and it was tough to say goodbye to everyone. Last weekend a large group of us got together to celebrate the most spanish way we know how and bought a leg of jamon and had a party. It also fell on the same day as the Champions League football final, so everyone was dressed in their Barcelona jerseys hoping they would win. 

Cutting through the fat and getting to the meat
 We took some photo shots with the Jamon leg beforehand and then began to cut it up and eat it. No one had ever done this so we watched some Youtube videos to get some ideas on how to go about it. The leg of pig was delicious and I wish we were able to get it in the United States.

Homerun
 I left for the game to head home and watch it with my roommates but we all met back up later to keep partying and then eventually head out for the evening.

reppin' time
hahahahah
 I was on antibiotics for the 2nd time in a month so I wasn't able to drink for the last week everyone was in town. I made the mistake of not finishing the first pack I had entirely and about 2 weeks later the sickness came back but 10x worse. By this time I was feeling 100% better but I had to wait until I finished the entire pack of antibiotics before I could drink again.

jamon y picos
We went out for the night with a large group of friends. It was a great night and I was happy to see so many people out and enjoying themselves. The next morning I went with a group of friends to the Amusement park here in Seville called 'Isla Magica.' My friend Santiago got a bunch of free tickets and we went to cool down in the water rides and try out a roller coaster that was supposed to be pretty fun. 

I haven't been on a roller coaster in quite a while. The one we went on was the kind where your feet dangle below. We didn't print out the photo from the roller coaster but it looked like my head was going to pop off I was screaming so hard. The water rides were alright. After taking the log ride we sat on the side of the bridge to get pummeled by a wave as the logs rolled down the large final drop. We spent a few hours there and headed out. 
Donn's shirt is fitting. 
Soaking wet after the tidal wave. 

The rest of the week was spent having mini get-togethers with friends and saying goodbye. Most everyone I hung out with left last night. I will be in Seville for 2 more weeks. I ended up working a few extra days at the school and I have some stuff I want to do before heading out on my bike journey across spain. As for now I will be in Andalucia hanging/traveling with some friends until the 14th of June. I will take a train up to Pamplona, Spain and from there head to start the Camino de Santiago. I will have 20 days to bike 500 miles, which is plenty of time. I fly back to Seville on the 5th of July to regroup and collect my luggage and then I fly out of Madrid back to Seattle on the 8th of July. Tomorrow is my last day of work at the school. We are going out afterwords to have drinks and say goodbye. I will have some more postings before I leave out of Seville about my last days at work. 
,

1 comment:

  1. Can't believe your time is up almost. Fun pictures.

    ReplyDelete