Spain

Search my Blog!

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Last Day of Work in Spain

May 31st was my official last day of work at the school I have been working at for the past 8 months. I was pretty sick the week before and missed a few days so I decided to work the first week of June to make up the days and say goodbye to the kids/coworkers. I also had my last private lesson with my coworkers son Francisco. I brought my skateboard out here to Spain and only used it a few times. I thought it would get more use from him, so I gave it to Francisco on the last day before I left. 

At Isabel's house with Fran and Clara
 The last week was really tough. It was hard explaining to the kids that I wouldn't be back next year. They didn't understand it. They had no idea how for the United States was and why I wouldn't be back. I went around to the classrooms saying goodbye and thanks to all the teachers for their help and kindness this year.


I went out and played at recess with them one last time and took some photos. I also gave them a soccer ball I got while I was here because I didn't have space in my bag for it. I sat down out on the patio and just hung out with the kids. They crawled all over me and kept wanting to take photos. Many asked why it was my last day and if I was going to live my parents. I played a little soccer with the kids and then we headed back inside for the last time. 

The 5 year old kids were practicing a part from the musical 'Cats' and I sat and watched them rehearse for a bit. After that I made my way around and said my goodbye's to as many people as I could before the children left.


Asking them to please not drop the camera, haha


Everyone wanted their turn in taking a photo

Cats rehearsal 

Cat's Rehearsal
Lucre's Class - 3 year olds
Pablo's Class - 5 year olds
getting attacked as I entered the room was a daily occurrence 
Isabel's Class - 4 years old
Obdulia's Class - 5 years old

After work my coworkers and I headed to a bar in Dos Hermanas to have some drinks and tapas. I was really glad so many people came out to see me off on my last day. I really lucked out with the group of coworkers I had at my school. I lucked out with almost everything; The location of my school to Seville, the age of the kids I taught, the kids and especially my coworkers. I have had such a good time getting to know them, I couldn't have asked for a more kind and enjoyable group. Anytime I had a problem or concern there was always someone there to help me out. A great group of people that I will surely miss. About halfway through the dinner my coworkers gave me an envelope with a gift card to a store called Decatlon, which is an outdoor store like an R.E.I or Joe's. I was sooooooo happy because later that night I was heading there anyways to purchase supplies for my bike trip across Spain. They were very generous in the amount and it covered everything I needed to buy for the trip, which was A LOT of stuff. It was the best gift I could have received and I couldn't have been happier. 

Opening my gift

Huerta de la Princesa
This was such an amazing year and I am so glad I took this opportunity to come live and teach in Spain. This experience has definitely made me reconsider what my future plans are and where I want to take my life. I am excited to get back to the States and figure out where I am going with my life. Thank you to everyone at the school who made my year so amazing and unforgettable. 

1 comment:

  1. What a nice group of people you have meet and been able to work with and the children are all so cute and a joy to work with. I want to thank them all for looking out and taking care of you while you have been away. Nancy

    ReplyDelete