Spain

Search my Blog!

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Day of Rest in León, Spain

Yesterday I took the day off to talk and explore the city of León. I had to leave the albergue at 8:00 am, but was able to return at 11:00 am to check back in. I went to a cafe close to the albergue and hung out for a bit until it was time to check back in.


The main touristy thing I did that day was go to the Cathedral. I have seen my fair share of churches and cathedrals over the past year, but this one was pretty sweet. The high ceilings and stained glass were pretty impressive.
Cathedral of León





 Afterwords I headed to a park close to the albergue to relax and read a book for a bit. The weather was perfect and I didn't really want to do much so it was nice to sit around and rest after a long day of biking the day before.



I walked around for a bit and got a bite to eat then packed everything up and got ready for my next day to Astorga. The next couple of days will be pretty easy, but I will soon be hitting the mountains which will be a rough couple of days.

mountains off in the distance, a taste of what is to come

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a very pretty church. Rest up for your day tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete