Spain

Search my Blog!

Monday, March 14, 2011

Sevilla F.C vs Barcelona F.C

Sunday night I went to a soccer game between Sevilla F.C and Barcelona F.C. I knew I had to see Barcelona play at least once while I am here in Spain. I was rooting for Sevilla, but the chance to see players like, Messi, Pique, Iniesta, Villa, etc. was exciting.

Brett, Jeff, and I before the game
We joined the rest of the people watching the game and bought a couple beers and drank outside of the stadium an hour or so before the game. We tailgate in the states. Spain drinks, and then eats bocadillo's at halftime. 
Estadio Ramon Sanchez-Pizjuan
We got into the stadium around 8.30 and found our seats. Last time we were on the visitor sideline really close to the field. This game we were a little farther up, but we were in the Sevilla F.C. fan section, right behind the home goal. Noone was sitting and everyone was standing on there seats chanting the clubs anthem and other songs. 
Teams warming up

Messi warming up
Barcelona warming up
The game started and right at 9pm and so did the chants. A popular one that was shouted over and over was easy enough to remember and translate; "Barca! Barca! Mierda!" (Barca! Barca! Shit!) The entire day leading up to the game it poured rain. A few hours before the game it cleared up and didn't rain the entire game. Barcelona was attacking the goal nearest us the first half, and they maintained possession for most of the time. 
Prior to start
Jeff, Brett and I before the game

Barcelona had a free kick which resulted in a goal but it was called back because a player was offsides. They had the momentum and eventually in the 30th minute Bojan scored an easy goal for Barcelona. 


Good save

Lining up for the free kick

Celebrating after the first goal

Sevilla 0 - Barca - 1
Right before halftime Messi went down right on the goal line near the home goal. He was down for a few minutes but made it off the field with the help of a few trainers shortly after the half ended. Brett ran into our friend Amine during halftime and he came over and said what's up. 

Messi walking off after injury

Sevilla on the attack
Amine, Jeff, Brett, Arley at halftime
Sevilla came back swinging the second half with a quick goal in the third minute of the second half by Navas. The rest of the game was pretty matched, but Sevilla seem to have the upperhand. As much as I wanted to see Messi score I was satisfied without because Sevilla was able to walk away with a tie. 

Shot on goal w/ chant after

These fans were intense. Every near goal or shot on goal I was holding on the anything I could to not be knocked down. Directly after Sevilla scored their first goal I almost fell by all the pushing. I was holding on a guy next to me. I looked over at my friends for a second, and when I looked back that dude I was next to was 2 rows down on his back, no joke. He was fine but I seriously couldn't stop laughing. He was next to me one second and the next he was flopping on his back a few aisle below. I had a blast sitting in that section, fun environment.



After the game

1 comment:

  1. Great pictures and what great memories you will have!

    ReplyDelete