Spain

Search my Blog!

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Salamanca Trip: Part 3

Heading back down south
 Monday morning we woke up and headed out back to Sevilla. We had the car until 9.30 that night so we made a stop in a small town called Candelario which was about an hour or so south of Salamanca. We made it to a small town called Bejar and stopped at a gas station to ask directions. I asked the gas station attendant where the town of "Calendario" was. He responded "no existe" I was a bit confused because I knew the town was only a few minutes away. He pulled out a calender and said "eso es un calendario" He laughed and then explained where the town of Candelario was.

Candelario
 The town was really small but very pretty. The mountain that the town was built on still had a good amount of snow and there was a ski resort not too far away. The streets had small little streams running along the side; The snowmelt ran through the town but I am not sure why they had it set up like that.

Streets of Candelario
There wasn't much to do in the city so we walked to the edge and followed the stream up the hillside for a bit. After we explored the small city a little more and headed back out to Sevilla.

Streets of Candelario
David, Jaime, and Ted hanging out


Candelario, Spain
We made it back into Sevilla around 8 pm. I had a great time in Salamanca. I would definitely recommend visiting if you have the chance; I would though visit in the warmer months because I imagine in winter it is pretty cold. Next weekend I will head to Cadiz for Carnival. I can't wait!

1 comment:

  1. It looks like you are having some great travel experiences, you will have some great memories of your time in Spain!

    ReplyDelete