Spain

Search my Blog!

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

New Bedroom!

So for those who do not know or remember, I moved into to a 3 bedroom apartment with two Spanish guys my first week here in Seville. The owner of the apartment, Nacho, is a middle aged guy who works at a hospital in the city. The other roommate was Dal; he is 26 years, from Malaga, Spain, and is studying in Seville. I was so desperate to find a place that I didn't care who I lived with or what the place was like. I lucked out with who I lived with; both are really friendly and fun to be around. The only thing I didn't like about my living situation was the size and location of my room in the house.

When I tell people my room is the size of a shoebox I wasn't joking. The room had a twin sized bed, small desk, bookshelf and a dresser. The remaining floor space was not even big enough to lay down on. My room turned into a shit hole in a matter of seconds.

Old room
Old room
Last week Nacho told me that Dal was moving out to another apartment that he had lived in before he moved into this place. I am not sure exactly what went down, but I could tell Nacho had been a little annoyed with Dal. They are family friends and have known each other for almost a decade. Long story short Dal moved out yesterday and I quickly asked if I could change rooms. His room is almost double the size, has a WINDOW to the outside (my window went into the kitchen) and is not next to the kitchen. Before I asked Nacho about switching rooms he told me that when he was going to put the announcement up on the web for an open room, but he was going to charge a little more because the room was so much bigger than the other. I told him I would pay the extra amount (20 euro) and he said I could change rooms.

I moved all my stuff in today. So excited to finally be able to have a little space and not feel so crammed. here are a few pictures of my new room. 



1 comment: