Spain

Search my Blog!

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

100th Post

I noticed that today is my 100th blog post since being in Spain. I am really glad I have kept up with the blog and hopefully some people are still checking it out to see what I have been up to. This weekend was a lazy one in Seville. I planned on going hiking on Saturday but I was too tired and slept past the alarm. I guess it was a good week to miss because the weather was cloudy and I heard it wasn't that interesting of a hike.

Saturday night was rainy but a few friends. and I went to a Senegalese Bar to see a band play. The guitarist was just arriving from Senegal when we showed up. He got into Sevilla an hour earlier. The bass play was how we found out about the place. My friend met him and he told us to come check it out. It was a tiny tiny "bar" but I heard a few people refer to it more as a cultural center than a bar. 


The guitar play was really good and the music was too. We hung out there for a while and then I headed out early because I wasn't feeling that good. 


The weather has been great the past couple of days. Besides Saturday it has been sunny and upper 60's lately. We have been going to the  river often to enjoy the warm weather and relax. 

Along the Guadalquivir River
Today a few friends and I went again to the park near the river and hung out for a few hours. The grassy area along the river is always filled with people but we found a nice spot to post up and relax.



This weekend is a "puente" in Andalucia. Monday is "dia de Andalucia." A group of friends and I all decided to take a trip to Salamanca, a university town on the western edge of Spain. We rented a car and we head out Friday afternoon and get back Monday night. I am really excited to check out the city. My roomate Nacho is from Salamanca and gave me a pretty extensive list of things to see and eat. Should be a fun weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment