Spain

Search my Blog!

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Preparing to Leave for Spain

I will be leaving for Spain for eight months on the 26th of this month. I received an academic "continuing education" grant provided by the Ministry of Education of Spain. I will serve as a teaching assistant in a Spanish Public School outside Seville Spain in a town called Dos Hermanas. My job will be to share my knowledge of the English language and North American culture in a K - 12 classroom. It was my goal to apply and participate in this program ever since I came back from taking a semester in Granada Spain during my sophomore year at Western Washington University.

My final day of work at Costco in Bellingham will be on September 23rd. I leave from Bellingham the next day. I will be in Fall City at my girlfriend Ingy's place until the 26th.

I depart from Seattle Washington on the morning of the 26th of September. I will arrive in Madrid The following day and take a train into Seville. I will have a lot to do the first week. (apply for a temporary residence card, open a bank account, find a place to live and find my school.) I plan on finding a room to share inside Seville and commute to Dos Hermanas for work either by bus or bike.

When I arrive in Seville I will find the hostel that I am staying at for the first week. I booked 5 nights at The Garden Backpacker. The goal is to at least find a place to live by the 2nd of October.

I will hopefully be periodically updating this blog for friends and family who are interested in where and what I am doing for the next eight months. If anyone is planning to be in europe or spain over the next year let me know and maybe we could meet up!

No comments:

Post a Comment