Spain

Search my Blog!

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

It's a small world after all...



Woke up early today after sleeping probably 12 hours yesterday. I was in the hostel using the computer this morning when I saw a guy with a shirt that had the city name of "Puyallap" on it. For those people who don't live in Washington, Puyallup is a city south of Seattle. I asked the guy if he was from there and he ended up being from Mount Vernon, which is only 20 minutes south of Bellingham where I have lived that past 5 years! He went to college at Central in Ellensburg and he is doing the same thing I am.

We walked around in 95+ degree weather all day, probably like 10 miles in total. He studied abroad here last year so he knew the city pretty well. We are currently looking for an apartment to rent for the year.

It was so hot and I forgot my camera, but I did take one photo with my Iphone. This is along the Guadalquivir River.
There is a lot of cool things to do along the river. You can rent canoes or paddle boats and there are also a few tours.

The town is also very biker friendly, which I like a lot. You can see in the photo the path along the river. There are these cool bike lanes that are off the road on the sidewalk. The also have this bike service called Sevici. There are numerous bike stations around the city. If you want to go on a bike ride you swipe your card in a kiosk and ride for as long as you want. When you are done you can go to any Sevici station and put the bike back. This is the cities way to provide environmentally friendly transportation for the public to use. I planned on buying a bike, but depending on where I live I might just use this service. It's pretty cool service and a lot of people use it.





No comments:

Post a Comment