Spain

Search my Blog!

Saturday, July 2, 2011

Another trip to the Alcazar

I have been sleeping on the couch out in the living room since I have got back from my bike trip because the A/C is in there and it is so hot at night in my room. The downfall is I am woken up every morning as Nacho leaves for work at around 7 am. I couldn't get back to sleep today so I got ready and headed out for a coffee and then went to the Alcazar while it was still cool to walk around and read in the gardens there. 

One of my favorite spots in Seville
 I got to the Alcazar early and sat down in the shade in one of my favorite spots in all of Seville and read for a few hours. I have been plowing through books since I have been in Spain, especially the past week. It has been so warm during the day I just sit inside and read. After a couple of hours I got up and walked around the gardens and the inside of the Alcazar before heading out.




As I was making my way through the maze that is the inside of the Alcazar I noticed this little girl trailing behind her parents and looking up at me. She gave me the most nervous little wave and turned and caught up with her mom and dad. I recognized the face right away but didn't realize it was one of my students, so I asked the dad as I caught up if they were from Dos Hermanas. It turned out to be a girl from one of my 3 year old classes. I didn't recognize her because I was use to seeing her in the school uniform and what not. I talked to the parents for a bit, whom I never met, and they were glad to finally meet me and say hello. It was a nice moment, the girl was so innocent and recognized me right away. She was one of the most shy girls in the school too and would always cry and never wanted to come to class. It wasn't until the last few months she felt comfortable to leave the teacher and come with Jose and I to English. Sometimes I forget how young the kids were.

a domed ceiling inside the Alcazar
By 2 pm the heat was getting unbearable. I walked to a favorite tapas bar, had some lunch, stopped by the book store and got another book, (3rd this week!) and made my way back to the cool air conditioned apartment and took a well deserved siesta. Tomorrow I am heading to Cadiz with my coworker Lucre and her friends to the beach. Should be another great day in Southern Spain. 

No comments:

Post a Comment