Spain

Search my Blog!

Monday, April 4, 2011

Summer is here

The past couple of weeks has been pretty warm in Seville. It has been averaging about 80 degrees but with minimal cloud cover it feels like 100. I haven't had much to post over the past week. My friend Jeff is coming out to visit for a few weeks this Wednesday. We are heading to Granada, Spain this weekend and then are planning a few other trips. I have a almost 2 weeks off mid April for Semana Santa. We are going to travel around Southern Spain and then either take a trip to Morocco or Portugal.

I have been riding my bike quite a bit lately. A coworker gave me a really sweet guide book on the Camino de Santiago that I am doing after my job is finished in June. I am biking from the French border all the way west across Northern Spain to the town of Santiago de Compostela.


The camino is an old religous pillgramage but more and more people are going each year for the experience. The trip is going to be roughly 500 miles after it is all said and done. I leave from a town called Roncesvalles on the Spanish side of the Spanish-French border. I will travel west for roughly 2 weeks visiting all the famous sites and cities along the way. Once I reach Santiago I plan on continuing to a place on the Western coastline of spain called Finisterre, which was once thought to be the end of the "world". 

The next few weeks will be filled with many posts from the travels Jeff and I will be taking. I can't wait to head back and visit Granada again. Fun times ahead. 

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a fun bike trip. Be safe traveling when Jeff gets there.

    ReplyDelete